CCDPH Mitigation Order 2021-11 effective 1/3/22
Fri December 31, 2021
The Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) has issued temporary Mitigation Order 2021-11 in response to the current surge of the Omicron variant. This new order requires proof of vaccination in various public establishments and venues.
The Westchester Park District has implemented the following procedures and vaccine protocol as currently required by CCDPH:
- Masking will continue to be required at all times during indoor activities.
- We have implemented a “Vaccination or Test” protocol for all staff and contractual employees.
- We will continue to implement stringent cleaning protocol.
- We will continue to follow all IDPH guidance.
- We will continue to monitor and adhere to all local protocol.
Please note: As information becomes available, the following procedures are subject to change.
Youth and Preschool Programming
- We will continue to follow IDPH guidance regarding schools and daycare for our preschool and extended day programs and will not require proof of vaccination for participants ages 5 and over.
- We will continue follow IDPH guidance regarding school and daycare operations for all of our out of school time youth programming including theatre, art, music, etc. and will not require proof of vaccination for participants ages 5 and over.
- We will continue to follow IDPH guidance regarding youth sports for all indoor after school athletic programming and will not require proof of vaccination for participants ages 5 and over at this time.
Fitness and Athletic Programming
- We will require proof of vaccination (or medical exemption plus negative test) for all group exercise classes and the fitness center.
- We will require proof of vaccination for all indoor athletic programming for adults 18+.
- We will not require proof of vaccination for social programming where food and beverages are not served.
- We will require proof of vaccination (or a medical exemption plus negative test) for social programming where food and beverages are served (ie Senior Club).
Proof Of Vaccination - Our staff will ask to see proof of vaccination for any new participant at the beginning of each class covered by the County Order. You may show a digital or hard copy proof of your vaccination record. At this time, we will not keep records of participant vaccination status on file.
Thank you for your patience and continued support as we navigate these uncertain times. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dean Hoskin Executive Director
Westchester Park District (708) 865-8200 x 212